Tuesday, September 15, 2009

We're Still Kickin'

Hello all! Hopefully some people still check our site every once in a while even though I have been a horrible blogger this summer. We have had a fun (& busy) summer. We have been out of town the majority of weekends this summer, our house is a wreck.....day to day duties during the week (laundry, dishes, playing of course), is about all we get done during the weeks of summer it feels like! Oh well, it's been fun and fall/winter will be here soon enough and I will be complaining of cabin fever!


I have been busy with work, Casey has been busy with classes and student teaching and we spend every spare minute together with the kids. Lillian is getting too big too fast. She is seriously the sweetest, happiest baby ever! All of our children are so perfect....how did we get so blessed!?!


I am just going to post lots of pics with quick blurbs on what we have been up to. The pics are in reverse chronological order :)

Kerrigan had her first day of preschool today (the 15th) and she has been SOOOO excited to start school. However, she had a complete and total melt down when it was time for me to leave. I was half way expecting it because she still doesn't do well separating from me, especially in new settings but I was hoping that her excitement would over ride that. As one of her teachers was literally peeling off of me she said "haven't had one of these in a while"......congratulations to us! I know it will get better with time, but it is still heart breaking and hard to leave her when she is so upset :) She was okay when I went to pick her up and I asked her if she had fun and she said yeah and was telling me what they did. Then I asked her if she was going to come back on Thursday and she said no she didn't think that she would :) Here is a cute picture of her before all of the madness:

Brody turned 8 on Sept 14th........I cant believe my baby is 8!!!
He asked Kerrigan to help him blow out the candles and then let her lick the icing off them....what a good big brother :) My brother-in-law and I did a triathalon at Eagle Creek at the end of August, it was lots of fun
Kerrigan listening to Casey's IPOD and "checking her email"
Casey and I comparing Lillian to Kerrigan's picture at the same age......what do you think??
Dont worry this isn't her bed, she was napping and we put her in Kerrigan's bed while Kerrigan and I were in there playing
How cute is she??


Casey and the kids being silly Brody and I got to go to one of the Colts Preseason games (thanks Jas!). We had lots of fun, neither of us had ever been to the new stadium. My favorite quote of the night was when Brody told me he wanted to be the guy who puts the net behind the goal post up/down for field goals/extra points. "I bet they make a lot of money working at a stadium like this." I didn't burst his bubble.........aim high Brod, aim high :)
Casey, my dad and grandma got me a really cool new camera for my bday....here are some pics where I was practicing with the "close up" mode:

Pics from the Lake:

Brody jumping off the boat house
The kids with our wonderful neighbors at the lake



No comments: